Energy Efficiency Rating
What is an HVAC Efficiency Rating?
The efficiency rating of your air conditioner determines how much energy it takes to cool the home. A higher number means you’ll have all kinds of comfort, while lower numbers will leave some people wanting more!
- The minumum SEER for California is 14
- SEER is regulated by the U.S. government
- SEER is the standard for air conditioner efficiency
- Higher SEER ratio means more money saved on power bills
- SEER doesn’t measure how fast your A/C will cool down your home, it will just save more energy when it runs
- A 10 SEER system will cool at the same speed as a 14 SEER system, however the 10 SEER will use up more electricity and money