There are plenty of studies that prove the point that the contractor you choose to replace or install your air conditioning and heating equipment should know what they’re doing. (Just Because They Are Licensed Does Not Mean They Are Doing A Good Job.) Your air conditioning and heating system will only work as well as it was installed. Listed are the most common problems with not doing the proper HVAC installation that can cost you more than money…. like your comfort and peace of mind.
North Carolina Alternative Energy Corp.:
- 90% Of The Units Tested Exhibited Some Energy Wasting Problem
- 50% Had An Improper Refrigerant Charge
- 40% Failed To Meet Minimum Air Flow Criterion
- 20% Were Barely Inside The Range Specified By Manufacturers.
- A Deficiency Of Only 20% In Indoor Air Flow Reduces The Seer Rating By 17%
- A 15% Return Air Leak From A 120° Attic Could Reduce A 12 SEER to 6 SEER!
Pacific Gas & Electric HVAC Energy Audit: Found The Average Energy Savings From Correcting Your HVAC System
- Repairing Disconnected Ducts Was 15%
- Repairing Of Diffuser (vents) Leakage 7.5%
- Correct Low Air Flow Was 5.6%
- Fixed Leaks & Correct Refrigerant Levels was 18%
Texas A & M University:
- Found That A 23% Refrigerant Undercharge Could Result In A 52% Efficiency Loss.